• Help you find the perfect mystery, romance, etc.• Show you how to download digital books and audiobooks to any device
• Take student/staff suggestions for what to purchase
• Give book talks in English and other courses
• Instruct classes on how to find reliable information
• Demonstrate how best to use the databases
• Obtain books from other schools, including the UW-Madison
• Help you find resources when your paper's due tomorrow and you're despairing
• Introduce new technology to students and teachers
• Provide first line of defense when tech goes haywire
• Help you take your presentation/project from "meh" to magnificent
• Work with teachers to incorporate tech in students' learning
Library Media Technology Specialist
Library Educational Assistant
West High School
30 Ash Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53726
- Students may borrow as many books as they can be financially responsible for.
- The standard checkout period is two weeks. Students may extend the checkout period by contacting the library staff. We understand that many school projects take much longer than just two weeks to complete.
- There are no fees or fines unless an item is lost or damaged. Then students must pay the cost of the item.
- Students may visit the LMC with a pass from a teacher. Before school, at lunch, and after school no pass is needed.
- In order to use the LMC: be doing something productive, do it in a way that allows others to be productive, and show respect to other people and their property.
- Per Dr. Boran, food and drink (other than water) are not permitted in the LMC.
- Per Ms. Pryor, students using the emergency exit in a non-emergency situation will not be permitted to use the LMC for one week.